15.11.07

18th - 25th Nov 2007

The philosopher, John O'Donohue, wrote

"Sometimes, unfortunately, it is suffering or threat that awakens us… When your soul awakens, you begin to truly inherit your life. You leave the kingdom of fake surfaces, repetitive talk and weary roles and slip deeper into the true adventure of who you are and who you are called to become…

"Now you realise how precious your time is here… Now you are impatient for growth, willing to put yourself in the way of change. You want your work to become an expression of your gift. You want your relationship to voyage beyond the pallid frontiers to where the danger of transformation dwells. You want your God to be wild and to call you to where your destiny awaits."

John O'Donohue (Irish poet, philosopher).

Read the whole of O'Donohue's article at http://www.johnodonohue.com/reflections/

1 comment:

Anthony Garnon said...

I remember when I went out with my first girlfriend. At the time I knew already that I wanted to be a writer, but my scripts often lacked an emotional depth. That is, until we broke up.

The experience of losing somebody I loved opened my eyes to the world around me. For the first time I felt real hurt and heartbreak. Since then my scripts have been so much more sophisicated and have a clear sense of identity.

Like I say all the time, if life is one long journey, then it's the experiences we have every day that define who we are and what direction the rest of our journey takes.